Polenta Chips with Green Olive Tapenade (BT)
- 250 gram(s) polenta instant
- 100 gram(s) cheddar cheese or parmesan
- 1 litre vegetable stock or chicken
- 1 bay leaves
- 2 rosemary (sprig)
- salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients for Tapenade
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup olives (green)
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200ºC fan forced.and bring stock to the boil with bay leaf and 1 rosemary sprig.
- Remove bay and rosemary. Gradually rain polenta into boiling stock in a steady stream, whisking fast as it goes in.
- Keep whisking rapidly until polenta starts to thicken. Remove from heat and mix through cheese.
- Season to taste.
- Press polenta into a non stick tray, cover with film and fridge set for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the tapenade in a blender with 1 tbsp olive oil, olives, capers, garlic and 2 tbsp water. Blitz to a well combined paste.
- Once polenta is firm and set, turn out onto a chopping board and cut into thick, baton chips
- Brush with remaining olive oil, place on a lined baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Roughly chop remaining rosemary and mix with salt flakes. Sprinkle over chips and serve with tapenade.