- 22cm pie dish
- Food processor
For the pastry
- 175 g plain flour
- 150 g butter
- 80 ml sour cream
For the quiche filling
- 25 g butter
- 2 leeks use the white part only, finely sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 6 eggs medium, free range
- 150 ml sour cream
- 150 g salmon fillet cut into 2cm pieces
- 10 g dill roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4
To make the pastry
- Add the flour and butter to a food processor and process until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in the sour cream and process until you find the mixture comes together in a ball.
- Flatten the ball of mixture slightly, then wrap in cling wrap and pop in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
To make the quiche filling
- Heat butter in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Add in the leek and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes until the leek softens.
- Add in the spinach and cook for a further minute, then turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until light and slightly foamy.
- Stir in the leeks, spinach, sour cream, salmon and half the dill.
To make the quiche base
- Press the prepared pastry into the greased pie dish until even
- Cover with baking paper (we recommend you add a handful of dried rice or beans as a weight so the paper doesn’t fly off in the oven).
- Bake for 10 minutes, then take out of the oven.
- Remove the baking paper and weights, and put back in the oven for 10 minutes
- Remove the quiche base when the pastry is slightly golden
To make the quiche
- Grease a 22cm pie dish.
- Pour the quiche mixture into the prepared pastry base and bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven when ready and sprinkle the remaining dill on top. Serve with a green, leafy salad.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?