Sweet & Salty Popcorn (BT)
- 2 tablespoon(s) rice malt syrup
- 4 teaspoon(s) coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt flakes
- 2 teaspoon(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) corn kernels (popping corn)
- Heat a small saucepan on medium heat with rice malt syrup and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Bring to a gentle bubble then add butter and salt.
- Remove from heat but keep warm.
- In a clean, heavy based saucepan, heat remaining coconut oil over medium to high heat. Once hot, add corn kernels and stir to coat. Cover and shake pan continuously, working quickly to avoid burning.
- Once popping sounds become less frequent, remove from heat and work quickly again to stir through rice malt caramel.
- Transfer to baking tray to cool well before serving. Store in an airtight container in the pantry for 3-4 days.