Green Chicken Curry Skewers
- 2 bamboo skewers
- 1/4 cup raw quinoa rinsed
- 200 g chicken thigh fillets cut into cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon green curry paste
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 zucchini grated
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lime juiced & zested
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for a minimum of 5 minutes. Ideally this could be done prior to starting the preparation and left to soak between 10-30 minutes.
- Cook quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Combine the curry paste and water, add more liquid if required. Then, coat the chicken with the curry paste and thread onto the skewers.
- Heat a grill pan over a medium heat and cook for 4 minutes each side, until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside to rest.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add the ginger, peas, zucchini and olive oil to the pan and stir to heat through.
- Serve the quinoa on a plate and top with chicken skewers. Squeeze over lime juice to serve.
Feel free to add extra herbs for an additional flavour boost! Our favourites to add are coriander and mint.