Persian Turmeric Cauliflower Rice Salad
- 500 g cauliflower rice Birds Eye
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 carrot grated
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lemon juiced (optional)
- Place frozen Birds Eye Cauliflower Rice in a microwave safe dish. Cook uncovered on HIGH for 5 minutes, stirring halfway. Remove excess moisture from Cauliflower Rice (see TIP).
- Melt the butter in a non stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower rice, turmeric, cumin, cinnamon and sauté for 5 minutes until lightly golden. Transfer into a serving bowl.
- Using the same fry pan, add red onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add almonds and raisins and cook for another 2 minutes until nuts are toasted and raisins have softened. Add mixture to the cauliflower rice along with the grated carrot and toss to combine.
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice, if desired.
TIP: Ensure as much of the moisture is removed from the Cauliflower Rice by firmly pressing in a sieve. Alternatively, place in a clean chux or tea towel, twist and squeeze.