Spanish Baked (Flamenco) Beans
- 75 gram(s) chorizo sausage fresh, de-cased (remove skin)
- 200 gram(s) cannellini beans drained & rinsed
- 1/4 tablespon coconut oil
- 1/2 onion (red) small, diced
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 capsicum (red) thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika sweet
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano dried
- 1/2 bay leaves
- 125 gram(s) tomato passata or puree
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup(s) peas frozen
- 20 gram(s) bocconcini (baby)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup(s) water
Ingredients for serving
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley (fresh) roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon(s) quartered
- Heat oil in an oven proof frypan over moderate heat. Add chopped onion, garlic, capsicum and spices. Stir until starting to soften.
- Add chorizo mince and bay leaf to the frypan and stir until cooked, breaking up chorizo with the back of a spoon. If you have bought hard or cured chorizo, simply dice and add to the frypan.
- Stir through tomato paste for 1 minute, then add rinsed cannelini beans, tomato passata and 1/3 cup of water.
- Bring to a simmer and mix through frozen peas.
- Poke the boccincini into the top of beans mixture and place under a high grill until melted.
- Top with parsley leaves and fresh lemon juice if desired.