- 1/4 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion small
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small yellow capsicum thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika sweet
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 100 gram sweet potato diced small
- 1/2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 200 gram cannellini beans drained & rinsed
- 125 grams passata or tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup peas frozen
- 1 cup spinach
INGREDIENTS FOR SERVING
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1/4 lemon quartered
- Heat oil in a fry pan over moderate heat. Add chopped onion, garlic, capsicum and spices. Stir until starting to soften.
- Add sweet potato and bay leaf and mix through evenly until well coated.
- Stir in tomato paste for 1 minute, then add rinsed cannellini beans, tomato passata and 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring to a simmer and mix through the frozen peas and spinach. Simmer until the peas are fully cooked through.
- Spoon it up into two serving bowls, and garnish with with parsley leaves, mashed avocado and fresh lemon juice if desired.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?