Sweet & Sour Pork with Cauliflower Rice
- 125 g cauliflower rice Birds Eye
- 125 g pork fillet cubed
- 1/2 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 sprig spring onion sliced
- 1/2 carrot sliced
- 1/4 red capsicum chopped
- 1/4 pineapple cubed
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Place frozen Birds Eye Cauliflower Rice in a microwave safe dish. Cook uncovered on HIGH for 5 minutes, stirring halfway. Remove excess moisture from Cauliflower Rice (see TIP).
- Mix corn flour, garlic and ginger in a bowl with 1 tbs water until it forms a thick paste. Add the pork fillet and toss to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat and fry the pork until golden all over. Place on a piece of paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Using the same fry pan, sauté the onion, carrot, red capsicum and pineapple until veggies have softened.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together in a bowl, pour into the fry pan and simmer until it thickens. Add the pork back into the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes until evenly coated.
- Serve pork on a bed of cauliflower rice.
TIP: Ensure as much of the moisture is removed from the Cauliflower Rice by firmly pressing in a sieve. Alternatively, place in a clean chux or tea towel, twist and squeeze.