BBQ Corn & Haloumi Salad
- 2 corn cob (sweet corn)
- 100 g haloumi cut into 2cm thick slices
- 125 g kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 onion (red) sliced
- 200 g cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cucumber(s) diced
- 1/2 capsicum (green) diced
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 2 tablespoons coriander (fresh) roughly chopped
- 1 lime(s) juiced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a barbeque grill on medium heat and cook corn, turning regularly for 12 minutes or until softened and browned. Set aside to cool.
- Add haloumi and grill for two minutes each side.
- Using a sharp paring knife remove corn kernals from the cob and place in a large bowl.
- Add kidney beans, onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, avocado and coriander. Season well and toss to combine. Lay the haloumi slices on top of the salad.
- Whisk together the juice of lime with the olive oil and stir through the salad to serve.