With thousands of expecting and new mums on my program and as a formerly expecting, and now new dad, I am so excited to share with you our new 28 by Sam Wood Pregnancy Fitness Program.
Along with my gentle, safe pregnancy workouts, my nutrition team has carefully designed a pregnancy meal plan to provide expecting mums with all the energy and nutrients required to grow a little superhuman. It also ensures you have the correct nutrients post-pregnancy if you’re breastfeeding.
What you need from a healthy pregnancy meal plan
- More energy to support a healthy pregnancy and encourage a healthy level of weight gain during pregnancy
- Slightly more carbohydrates to provide extra energy for you and your growing baby
- Removal of foods known to be potentially unsafe during pregnancy such as soft cheeses
- A significant focus on wider abundance of nutrients from vegetables, quality proteins and healthy fats for the optimal health and growth of your baby
Interested to see what a typical ‘day on a plate’ looks like if you’re on our pregnancy program?
This example of a great pregnancy meal plan was on regular rotation with Snez until we welcomed little Willow, so I thought I’d share it with you.
What a 28er on our pregnancy fitness & nutrition program might expect to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Breakfast: Kiwi, Coconut and Lime Bircher
- Lunch: Superfood Slaw
- Dinner: Pan-fried Salmon with Sweet Corn and Avo Salsa