Butter Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- 125 g cauliflower rice Birds Eye
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin coconut oil
- 125 g chicken thigh fillets cubed
- 1/4 brown onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 red chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2/3 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cloves
- 1/2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup tomato passata or puree
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup kale roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients for Serving
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 1/4 lemon juiced
- Place frozen Birds Eye Cauliflower Rice in a microwave safe dish. Cook uncovered on HIGH for 5 minutes, stirring halfway. Remove excess moisture from Cauliflower Rice (see TIP).
- Heat oil in fry pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, chilli, ginger and sauté for 2 mins until softened.
- Add spices, cloves and bay leaf to the frypan and stir for a minute. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Pour in tomato passata, coconut cream and tomato paste. Stir, cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the lid, add kale, stir and continue to simmer uncovered for a further 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve the butter chicken on a bed of cauliflower rice.
- Top with fresh coriander and drizzle with fresh lemon juice if desired.
TIP: Ensure as much of the moisture is removed from the Cauliflower Rice by firmly pressing in a sieve. Alternatively, place in a clean chux or tea towel, twist and squeeze.