- 2 tablespoon quinoa
- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 brown onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 cup tinned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 cup broccoli cut into very small florets
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 lemon juice
- To begin, cook quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Heat a saucepan to low and add the stock/broth.
- Meanwhile, heat a fry pan to medium heat and add the oil, onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, carrot, broccoli, onion, garlic and thyme and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrot mixture, cooked quinoa and spinach to the stock/broth and cook for another minute.
- Serve into a bowl and squeeze over the lemon juice.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?