Cauliflower & Leek with Crispy Chickpeas
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small leek thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1.5 cup potato peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower rice Birds Eye
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup chickpeas drained, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chives roughly chopped
- Heat half the olive oil in a fry pan over medium heat, add the leek and cook until golden brown.
- Add the garlic, potatoes, cauliflower rice and thyme. Cook for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant, then add the vegetable stock. Simmer for 15 minutes until potatoes have softened.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a separate fry pan, add the chickpeas and cook for 5-10 minutes until crispy. Sprinkle over the paprika, season with salt and pepper. Cook for another minute then set aside.
- Once the potato has softened, add the cauliflower mixture to a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer soup into a bowl, top with a dollop of Greek yoghurt, crispy chickpeas and garnish with fresh herbs.