Chicken Miso Satay Skewers
- 125 g chicken thigh fillets diced into 3cm pieces
- 2 skewers bamboo skewers soaked in water for 5 minutes
- 1 teaspoon peanuts crushed
- 1/2 bunch broccolini tough end trimmed
- 1/2 bunch pak choy end trimmed
- 1/4 lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 red chilli seeds removed and finely chopped
Ingredients for Satay Sauce
- 1 teaspoon white miso paste
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk from carton
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 lime juiced
- Begin by soaking the skewers in water for 5 minutes.
- To make the satay sauce, place all ingredients into a blender. Blitz until you form a smooth, thick sauce, similar to a regular satay sauce. Add a dash of water if your sauce is too thick.
- Combine Satay Sauce and chicken in large bowl. Season with freshly cracked black pepper and gently toss to coat. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and allow to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high and thread the marinated chicken evenly across the skewers.
- Place underneath the grill and cook for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes until the chicken is browned all over.
- In the meantime, steam the veggies. Start by placing 1 cup of water in a small saucepan that fits a steamer and bring to the boil. Place broccolini and pak choy in a steamer and sit it on top of the saucepan. Place lid on and steam for 3-4 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Place the skewers and veggies between on a plate and serve with peanuts, lime wedges and chilli.