Chilli Con Carne
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 brown onion diced
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 125 g beef mince
- 1/3 cup cooked kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup cauliflower blitzed into rice consistency
- 1 cup silverbeet roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the brown onion. Sauté for 3 minutes, before adding the red chilli flakes and sautéing it for another minute.
- Add the beef mince to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add the kidney beans and diced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While this is cooking, use a frying pan to cook the cauliflower rice for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add to a bowl.
- Next, cook the silverbeet for 5 minutes in the same frying pan that the cauliflower rice was in. Once wilted remove from the heat and add to the bowl.
- Serve the cooked chilli con carne alongside the cauliflower rice and silverbeet.