Natural Chocolate Pancakes
Here is a healthier, wholefoods version of everyone's favourite pancakes! Chocolately but refined sugar-free, these even have a generous serve of 16g protein per serve, so it will keep you fuller than traditional pancakes too!
- 1 banana 1/2 mashed and 1/2 sliced for serving
- 1 free range egg
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoons cacao powder
Ingredients for Serving
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Mash half of the banana in a bowl. Add in the egg and whisk together. Add the buckwheat flour and cacao powder to the bowl and stir to form a batter.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium to low heat. Add half of the pancake mixture to the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes until it looks set, then flip onto the other side and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining pancake mixture.
- Transfer your pancakes to a plate and top with banana slices, peanut butter and a drizzle of maple syrup.