Clean Eats Chicken Parma
This healthy parma recipe has become a family favourite for thousands of our 28ers. Even fussy eaters love this healthy alternative to a pub chicken parma!
- Mixing Bowl
For the parma
- 125 g skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 1 egg free-range
- 1.5 tbsp almond meal
- 1.5 tsp coconut oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 slice ham shaved
- 20 g cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
For the side
- 1/2 bunch broccolini baby broccoli
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 red onion finely diced, for garnish
- 1/4 lemon optional, wedge for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Meanwhile, Crack an egg into a small bowl and whisk well. In a separate bowl, add the almond meal and season it well. Dip the chicken thigh into the egg and then toss it through the seasoned almond meal.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan and fry chicken on both sides until lightly browned.
- Transfer the chicken from the frypan and onto a lined baking tray. Top the chicken with tomato paste, ham and cheese. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- While the chicken parma is baking, bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the broccolini to the steam for 5 minutes or until softened.
- To serve, combine the rocket and broccolini and top with the parma. Season well and enjoy!
If multiplying this recipe, you only need 1 egg for up to 3 serves – as it is only used to lightly coat the chicken.NOTE: this recipe is not suitable during pregnancy