Coconut-Curried Chickpeas & Sweet Potato
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 brown onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric ground or fresh
- 1/2 cup coconut milk from carton
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 sweet potato cut into 1cm chunks
- 1/2 cup tinned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup kale roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tablespoon Greek yoghurt
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a medium pot over a medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in curry powder, turmeric and a pinch of salt, and stir to coat the onions.
- Pour in the coconut milk, vegetable stock and add in the sweet potato and chickpeas. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and leave to simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until sweet potato is cooked. Add more stock if you feel it needs more liquid.
- Add in peas and kale and stir until peas are cooked and kale is slightly wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the curry in a bowl and top with yoghurt and coriander.