Crispy Salmon, Lentil & Walnut Salad
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- 1/2 carrot diced
- 1.5 tablespoon walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup lentils drained and rinsed
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest
- 100 g salmon fillet
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium skillet pan over a medium-high heat. Add in onion, carrot and walnuts and cook for 3 minutes, until onion softens.
- Stir through the lentils for 1 minute, then add in the spinach leaves and stir through until mixture is well-combined.
- Remove from the heat and season with a little salt and pepper. Squeeze in half the lemon juice, stir through and serve salad on plate.
- Place the pan back over the heat and add in the salmon fillets, skin down. You may need to drizzle a little oil in the pan if it has become a bit dry. Season the salmon with salt and pepper and cook on one side for 4 minutes, or until golden. Flip and repeat on the other side until cooked to your liking.
- If your pan has a lid, place it on for the duration of cooking as this will steam the salmon a little quicker.
- Plate up the salmon with the salad and remaining wedge of lemon and serve.