Curry Pumpkin Soup
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 brown onion sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cup pumpkin cut into small cubes
- 1/2 carrot sliced
- 1.5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup canned butter beans drained & rinsed
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil and brown onion to a saucepan over medium heat and sauté for 3 minutes until the onion starts to go golden.
- Next, add the curry powder and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add the pumpkin and carrot, stir to coat with curry powder and onion mix and then cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the veggie stock into the pot and add the butter beans. Cook for 15-20 minutes until softened.
- Using a hand blender, blend the soup into a creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into a bowl and top with pepitas to serve.
For a thicker soup, use 1 cup of stock per serve (instead of 1.5 cups).