Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Doughnuts Recipe (refined sugar-free!)
These refined-sugar-free doughnuts are a tasty snack or treat for the kids, and they're ready in 30 minutes. Plus, if you're watching your weight you can swap the coconut sugar with natural monk fruit (or stevia) sweetener which keeps all the sweetness, but reduces the calories per serve.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or swap with monk fruit sweetener)
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
Choc peanut butter glaze:
- 100 g dark chocolate 85%
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter (we use Mayvers)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, fan forced, and lightly grease a donut pan
- Whisk flour, baking powder and coconut sugar together in a large bowl.
- Fold in the melted butter, almond milk and vanilla. The mixture should resemble a cake batter consistency.
- Pour batter into the donut pan until they are ¾ full.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until lightly golden. Allow to cool.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate and peanut butter together in a small sauce pan over low heat. Whisk regularly until smooth and so that it does not burn.
- Ice the donuts with the chocolate mixture. Place onto a plate and decorate.