What better halloween snack than some devilled eggs, the name already says it all. And they're ready to serve in 20 minutes or less!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cups carrot grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard dijon
- 1 tablespoon chives
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Bring salted water to the boil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Gently add eggs and cook for 7-8 minutes until hard boiled.
- Drain, rinse under cold water and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, place carrot, butter, curry, cayenne and onion powder in a small frypan on medium heat and cook carrot until soft.
- Stir through dijon mustard. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix through chives and cracked pepper.
- Peel eggs and cut in half, lengthways. Remove the yolk centre, set aside.
- Place carrot mix gently into egg centre with a teaspoon. Crumble egg yolk over the top.
- Serve with a sprinkle of poppy seeds.