Easiest Chinese Fried Rice
Who doesn’t love a quick, easy and healthy fried rice dish when you’ve got a craving for some Chinese takeaway.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 red chilli seeds removed and finely sliced
- 1/4 red onion finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 50 g green beans ends trimmed and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1/3 cup green peas frozen
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 mushrooms cup or button, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves picked
- 1/2 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup basmati rice
- 1 egg free range
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Cook basmati rice according to packet instructions.
- Add the olive oil, onion, chilli, garlic and ginger into a large frypan on a medium-heat. Stir-fry for 5 minutes until veggies are soft.
- Add the green beans, peas, carrot, mushrooms and coriander. Cook for 2 minutes until veggies have softened slightly.
- Whisk egg in a bowl then add to pan, move gently around pan until cooked.
- Add in tamari (or soy sauce) and cooked basmati rice.
- Drizzle with extra tamari, if desired, to serve.
For a pregnancy-safe recipe: Make sure the egg is cooked well.