Everyone loves a healthy pasta, and the fresh veggie flavours really shine on this one.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 eggplant diced into 2cm cubes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 carrot diced
- 1/2 red chilli finely diced
- 1/4 cup green olives pips removed and sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato passata or puree
- 50 g wholemeal spaghetti or gluten free
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves and stems diced
- 25 g parmesan cheese grated
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add in eggplant and cook for 5 minutes until soft and slightly golden. Add garlic, carrot, chilli and olives and sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Add in the passata and 1 cup (250ml) boiling water. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes (note time will vary depending on the pasta you use, so keep an eye on it).
- You may need to add another cup of water during cooking as the pasta will absorb a lot of the moisture. In the last 2 minutes, stir through spinach leaves to wilt.
- Once liquid has reduced slightly and pasta is ready, serve in a bowl and top with parsley and Parmesan.