Ginger-Spiced Pear Porridge
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 pear sliced
Ingredients for Ginger-Spiced Porridge Mix
- 1/2 cup rolled oats or quinoa flakes
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon raw walnuts roughly chopped
- To make in the microwave: place Ginger-Spiced Porridge Mix, vanilla, water and almond milk in a microwave-safe mug or small bowl. Heat on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds or until oats have softened. Top with sliced pear.
- To make on the stovetop: place Ginger-Spiced Porridge Mix, vanilla, water and almond milk in a small saucepan on a low to medium heat. Cook, stirring for 5-6 minutes, or until the oats have softened. Top with sliced pear.