- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 50 g butter chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 brown onion finely sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme leaves picked
- 1 head broccoli stem finely diced and florets roughly chopped
- 50 g feta crumbled
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 2 eggs whisked
- sea salt to season
- freshly cracked black pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease a tart or quiche tin with butter.
- Combine flour, meal and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the butter pieces and crumble into the flour mix with your fingers.
- Add in the egg and water and mix together until a thick dough forms.
- Press into the greased tart or quiche tin until it’s 4mm thick.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes until lightly brown.
- Once cooked, set aside.
- While the base is cooking, prepare the filling.
- Heat the butter, onion, broccoli stems and thyme leaves in a frying pan or skillet on low-medium heat.
- Cook, stirring for 7-10 minutes until onion softens.
- Place into the base of the baked crust and smooth out to cover the surface.
- Add broccoli florets to a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until broccoli has softened, but still has a little crunch to it.
- Drain and scatter over onion in tart tin.
- Pour the whisked egg over the broccoli and scatter over hazelnuts and feta cheese.
- Place into the oven and cook for 20 minutes until egg is set and feta cheese is golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before slicing into 4 serves.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?