Refined Sugar-Free Mango Cheesecake
We’ve given the humble cheesecake an upgrade! This decadent dessert has a tropical feel using mango, shredded coconut and passionfruit. The cacao butter in the filling gives the dreamiest creamy finish, your guests will love this special occasion dessert!
- 22cm Springform Cake Tin
- Food processor
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon ginger ground
- 100 g butter melted
- 500 g cream cheese
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon I Quit Sugar Gut Lovin' Gelatin
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 100 g cacao butter
- 1 medium mango roughly chopped
- 3 passionfruit with pulp scooped out
- Lightly grease a 22cm springform tin with butter.
- Prepare the base by placing almonds and coconut into a food processor. Blitz until you form a crumb similar to almond meal. Add in the ginger, melted butter and rice malt syrup and blitz a few times until the mixture is coated in butter and rice malt syrup.
- Press the mixture into the base of the greased tin. Place into the freezer to set while making the filling.
- Place gelatin powder and 60ml of water into a small cup or bowl. Mix until the gelatin becomes rubbery. Set aside.
- Place the coconut cream and cacao butter into a small saucepan and place over low heat. Heat until cacao butter melts. Add in gelatin and stir to dissolve. Set aside and cool enough so that the mixture is almost at room temperature.
- Place cream cheese, rice malt syrup, mango and gelatin mixture into a food processor. Blitz until smooth.
- Remove base of the cheesecake from the freezer and pour in the filling mixture. Smooth over the top with the back of a spoon. Place into the fridge and allow to set for 3 hours or overnight.
- Once ready, top with passionfruit pulp and sprinkle over mint leaves, if using. Slice into thin slices to serve.
SUGAR CONTENT WARNING: Although this recipe has no refined sugar there is still a lot of natural sugars in every slice (just over 1 teaspoon of added sweetener per serve). So practice moderation and make this a special occasion-only recipe… if you can! 🙂HOW TO REDUCE THE SUGAR CONTENT OF THIS RECIPE: You might like to reduce the rice malt syrup by half in the filling of this cake to 1/4 cup and taste test before adding more.DAIRY-FREE OPTION: Replace the butter in the base with coconut oil. Replace the cream cheese with 2 cups of raw cashews that have been soaked in water for 2 hours and then drained.WANT TO MAKE IT CHEAPER? You can sub out the cacao butter for another 200g of cream cheese.