- Large skillet pan
- Small frypan (or wait until the end to cook your egg in the large skillet pan)
- 2 tablespoon basmati rice raw
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil extra virgin
- 1 eggs free range (well cooked for pregnancy)
- 1 stalk spring onion diced
- 1 teaspoon ginger fresh, grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 red chilli seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 carrot diced
- 100 g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce, can use gluten free if necessary
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 bunch asparagus tough stalks removed, sliced into 2cm segments
- 25 g snowpeas ends removed, sliced in half
- 1 mushroom cup (or a few buttons) roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 bunch fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Cook basmati rice according to packet instructions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add in the spring onions, garlic, ginger and chilli and sauté for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add in the carrot and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add in the beef mince and cook for about 5 minutes, until meat is browned. Use a spatula to break up the mince in the pan. Once browned, add in the tamari, apple cider vinegar, asparagus, snow peas and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes, or until veggies are cooked, but still tender.
- Add in the Basmati rice and stir through. Season with pepper and stir through coriander leaves.
- As the basmati is softening, crack the egg into a small frypan and cook sunny side up for about 3 minutes (if you're pregnant ensure your egg is well cooked).
- When the rice is soft, plate the larb, and top it with the fried egg to serve.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?