Honey Chicken with Cauliflower Rice
- 500 g cauliflower rice Birds Eye
- 600 g chicken breast cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Ingredients for Batter
- 1/4 cup wholemeal or gluten free flour
- 4 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder or gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 cup soda water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Whisk all batter ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the batter and toss to coat. Heat olive oil in a fry pan over high heat and fry the chicken until golden all over. Place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- While all sauce ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. Using the same fry pan, add sauce ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes or until it thickens.
- Add the chicken back into the pan and toss until evenly coated in the honey mixture.
- Meanwhile, place frozen Birds Eye Cauliflower Rice in a microwave safe dish. Cook uncovered on HIGH for 5 minutes, stirring halfway. Remove excess moisture from Cauliflower Rice (see TIP).
- Serve the honey chicken on a bed of cauliflower rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
TIP: Ensure as much of the moisture is removed from the Cauliflower Rice by firmly pressing in a sieve. Alternatively, place in a clean chux or tea towel, twist and squeeze.