Lemon, Blueberry & Ricotta Hotcakes
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut milk from carton
- 2.5 tablespoons wholemeal flour or gluten free alternative
- 1 free range egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder or gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin coconut oil
Ingredients for Topping
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Combine the ricotta, coconut milk, wholemeal flour, egg, baking powder and lemon in a bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan and add some of the hotcake mixture, cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Repeat with the remainder of the mixture until it has been used up.
- Serve the hotcakes topped with blueberries and a drizzle of raw honey.