Mushroom, Chilli + Spinach Pasta
In the mood for a nutritious and hearty dish for dinner? This mushroom, chilli and spinach pasta is full vegetables and is bound to hit the spot.
- 1 cup dried spelt pasta (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small red chilli
- sea salt and pepper
- 3 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- juice of half a lemon
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook for 8 minutes (or as per packet directions). Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large frying pan. Add mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes or until browning. Add garlic and chilli. Cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant and mushrooms have softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir through spinach and Parmesan. Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice and pasta. Toss to coat well.
Gluten free and Paleo option: Replace pasta with zucchini noodles. Vegan option: Omit Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast flakes if you like. Not a fan of mushrooms? Substitute mushrooms for capsicum, zucchini, eggplant or small broccoli florets.