Pan-Fried Salmon with Sweet Corn & Avo Salsa
This salmon and salsa is a favourite amongst the 28ers, give it a try and you'll see why.
- 240 g salmon fillets cooked thoroughly for pregnancy
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Sweet Corn & Avocado Salad
- 150 g corn kernels tinned
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 4 tablespoons red onion diced
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 lemon
- Place all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss gently. Set it aside while you cook the salmon.
- Heat a fry pan to medium-high heat.
- Coat the salmon in oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook salmon skin side down for 2-4 minutes depending on thickness.
- Turn and cook other side for a few minutes until cooked. It should flake easily with a fork and still be a little pink in the centre.
- Divide the salad between two plates and serve each with 1 fillet of salmon.
- Drizzle over the lemon juice to serve.
- Serve salmon with the salad and a wedge of lemon.