Posh Pumpkin Beans on Toast
- 1 slice sourdough bread toasted
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 avocado
Ingredients for Posh Pumpkin Breakfast Beans
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/3 red onion diced
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch chilli powder or to your liking
- 1/2 cup canned cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup pumpkin roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- Add pumpkin to a medium saucepan and cover with water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes until pumpkin has softened. Drain and mash with a fork.
- Add butter, onion and garlic to a large frying pan on a low-medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, until the onions have softened and are a golden brown colour.
- Add spices and cook for a further minute, before adding the cannellini beans, mashed pumpkin, vinegar and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook covered for 10 minutes. Remove lid and cook for a further 5 minutes until it thickens a little.
- Top the toasted sourdough with the bean mixture, avocado and sprinkle with Parmesan.