- 2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour or gluten free alternative
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 free range egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or milk of your choice
- 1 cup thawed Birds Eye Pumpkin & Cauli Mash
Ingredients for Raspberry Jam
- 1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Ingredients for Serving
- 1 tablespoon Greek yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C on a fan forced setting and line a baking tray.
- Whisk the flour, coconut sugar and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- Using your hands, rub the butter into flour mixture. Add egg, milk and pumpkin mash and mix until well combined.
- Transfer dough onto a lightly floured bench and flatten out into approx. 4cm thickness. Using a 5cm cookie cutter or rim of a glass, cut the dough into 8 rounds.
- Place the rounds onto the lined baking tray and brush the tops with extra almond milk.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly before slicing in half.
- Meanwhile, make the jam by adding all ingredients to a saucepan over low heat. Once berries are defrosted, roughly mash them with a fork. Bring mixture to the boil the reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Once thickened, take the saucepan off the heat and allow to jam to cool.
- Serve the scones with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and raspberry jam.