Quinoa, Pumpkin & Halloumi Salad
- 2 tablespoons raw quinoa rinsed
- 2/3 cup pumpkin cut into cubes
- 40 g halloumi sliced
- 1/4 cup tinned lentils drained & rinsed
- 5 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon red onion sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon pistachios
- 1 teaspoon currants
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate seeds
- Ingredients for Dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon raw honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C. Roast the pumpkin for 30-35 minutes or until soft. Meanwhile cook the quinoa according to packet instructions.
- Combine the lentils, tomatoes, onion, pistachio nuts, currants, parsley and rocket. Make the dressing and mix through.
- When the pumpkin is almost ready grill the halloumi slices for 1-2 minutes. Add the pumpkin and quinoa to the salad and top with halloumi and pomegranate seeds.