Raw Chocolate Black Bean Cake
This is a decadently rich 'no cook' cake worth giving a go as an occasional treat!
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 8 medjool dates pitted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cans cooked black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180 g 85% dark chocolate 85% cacao
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a round cake tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor or high powered blender, combine all ingredients for the base until well mixed and sticky.
- Pour into the tin, flattening it evenly over the bottom to form a base.
- Place this in the freezer to set.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler on the stove.
- In the meantime, combine the remaining filling ingredients in the food processor until the black beans have become almost totally mashed together.
- Once melted, add in the chocolate and coconut oil.
- Turn the food processor on to high speed and mix everything until it has become a creamy consistency. If needed, add a splash more plant milk.
- When totally combined, take the base out of the freezer and pour the filling on top.
- Return the cake to the freezer for an hour and then move it to be stored in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving and enjoy!