Silverbeet & Zucchini Quiche
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 zucchini grated
- 1/2 carrot grated
- 1/2 cup silverbeet finely chopped
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber cut into chunks
- 1/2 to matoes diced
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 avocado chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190°C and brush a pie dish with oil.
- Heat a frypan over medium heat with oil and cook onion for a few minutes until onion begins to soften.
- Add garlic, zucchini, carrot and silverbeet and sauté for a few more minutes until cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Combine eggs, mustard and 3/4 of the parmesan, season with salt and pepper and stir through vegetable mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie dish, top with remaining cheese and bake for 25 minutes or until set.
- Toss cucumber, tomato, red onion, avocado, parsley and vinegar, season with salt and pepper and serve with pie.