- Slow Cooker
- oil or butter for greasing
- 1/3 cup raw almonds roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- cream to serve, optional.
- Grease the insert of the slow cooker and line with baking paper halfway up the sides.
- In a large bowl combine the almonds, walnuts, pepitas, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds and shredded coconut.
- Add the almond meal and stir well before adding the egg and stir well again.
- In a saucepan, combine the nut butter, coconut oil, rice malt syrup and vanilla. Warm over low heat until the oil and rice malt syrup melt.
- Stir the saucepan mixture into the nut mixture and press into the bottom of the pre-lined slow cooker insert.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2. Once firm to the touch, switch off the slow cooker and allow to cool completely. Gently remove mixture by lifting out baking paper. Slice into wedges and serve.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?