- Medium Saucepan
- 1.5 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion diced
- 1/2 carrot diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1/2 zucchini diced
- 1/2 red capsicum deseeded and diced
- 1.5 garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup black beans canned, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- salt & pepper to taste
Ingredients for Serving
- 1.5 tbsp fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 1/4 avocado diced
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add in the olive oil, onion, carrot, and celery. Cook for 5 minutes, or until veggies soften. Then add in the zucchini, capsicum, garlic, cumin and paprika and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and stir through the veggies for 1 minute, before adding the black beans, the vegetable stock and salt and pepper (to taste) and stir it all through.
- If you'd like to thin out the soup you can add a dash of water to achieve your desired soup consistency.
- Bring the soup to the boil, before reducing the heat to a simmer for at least 10 minutes, so the flavours can develop.
- When the soup looks ready, plate up by spooning a serve into a bowl and topping each bowl with avocado pieces and fresh coriander.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?