- 1.5 cups pumpkin diced
- 2 cups broccoli chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups kale shredded and stalks removed
- 2 free range eggs hard boil the egg if pregnant
- 1 zucchini spiralised
- 1 yellow capsicum sliced
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- chilli flakes to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan-forced.
- Add the pumpkin and broccoli florets to a baking tray.
- Lightly cover in half of the olive oil and season them with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until soft and lightly browned.
- In the meantime, spread the kale on another baking tray and lightly cover in the remaining oil and salt.
- Add the kale chips to the oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until crispy.
- Heat a small frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and cook sunny side up for about 3 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In two bowls, divide the pumpkin, broccoli, zucchini and capsicum.
- Top each with half of the kale, an egg and some avocado.
- Season with more salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste.
- Serve with lemon and enjoy.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?