Summer Dragon Bowl (Vegetarian)
This is an amazing warm summer salad with a load of fresh veggies. We like our egg sunny side up, but you could poach yours for the maximum amount of yolk googness!!
- 1.5 cups pumpkin diced
- 2 cups broccoli chopped into florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups kale shredded and stalks removed
- 2 free range eggs hard boil the egg if pregnant
- 1 zucchini spiralised
- 1 yellow capsicum sliced
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- chilli flakes to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan-forced.
- Add the pumpkin and broccoli florets to a baking tray.
- Lightly cover in half of the olive oil and season them with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until soft and lightly browned.
- In the meantime, spread the kale on another baking tray and lightly cover in the remaining oil and salt.
- Add the kale chips to the oven and cook for 10 minutes, or until crispy.
- Heat a small frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and cook sunny side up for about 3 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In two bowls, divide the pumpkin, broccoli, zucchini and capsicum.
- Top each with half of the kale, an egg and some avocado.
- Season with more salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste.
- Serve with lemon and enjoy.