- 1 avocado
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus extra to serve
- 200 g salmon fillet cooked and flaked, or smoked, or tinned salmon
- Dill fresh (to serve)
- 1 lime cut into wedges to serve
- 400 g sweet potato peeled
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large leaves silverbeet finely chopped
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 150°C / 300°F / Gas Mark 2 .
- To make the fritters, coarsely grate the sweet potato, then place in a bowl and mix in 1 teaspoon sea salt.
- Stand the sweet potato for 10 minutes, then drain the sweet potato and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- In a separate bowl, place the chopped silverbeet, spring onion, eggs and coriander.
- Add the sweet potato, season to taste and mix well.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Working in 2 batches, place 3 tablespoons of mixture for each fritter into the pan and press down with a spatula.
- Cook on both sides for 2–3 minutes or until golden, then drain on paper towel.
- Place on a baking tray, cover with foil and keep warm in the oven while you cook the remaining fritters.
- Smash the avocado flesh and lime juice in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the olive oil and season to taste.
- To serve, place 2 fritters on each plate.
- Top with the smashed avocado, salmon and sprigs of dill or chervil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve with lime wedges.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?