- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup corn kernels popping corn
- 1/2 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- Heat a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the rice malt syrup and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Bring to a gentle bubble then add the butter and salt.
- Remove from heat but keep warm.
- In a clean, heavy based saucepan, heat the remaining coconut oil over medium to high heat.
- Once hot, add corn kernels and stir to coat.
- Cover and shake pan continuously, working quickly to avoid burning.
- Once the popping sounds become less frequent, remove the pan from heat.
- Work quickly again to stir through the rice malt caramel.
- Transfer to a baking tray to cool well before serving.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?