Traditional Spag Bol
Healthy eating shouldn't mean having to get rid of your favourite dishes, simply bulk them up with veggies and turn them into a healthy version like this take on a traditional spag bol.
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 125 g beef mince
- 100 g diced tomatoes canned
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes to taste
- 1/4 zucchini grated
- 1/4 grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 50 g wholemeal spaghetti or gluten free
- 1/2 tablespoon parmesan cheese grated or shaved
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pan and lightly brown garlic.
- Add mince and brown lightly, stirring throughout.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chilli, salt and pepper. Simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated and add grated vegetables and parsley. Set aside.
- To cook pasta: bring a pot of water to the boil. Add a pinch of salt and cook the pasta for 15-20 minutes until al dente.
- Serve spaghetti in a bowl, top with mince mixture and cheese and season further if required.