Traditional Steak & Chips
- 300 g potato(es) cut into chips
- 240 g beef sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 50 g mixed salad leaves
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon(s) halved
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Place potato and oil in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and place in a single layer, on a baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 4 to 5 minutes each side (medium) or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover, allowing steak to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve steak alongside salad leaves topped with cherry tomatoes and a wedge of fresh lemon.