Tuna Spicy Korean BBQ Bowl
- ¼ cup brown rice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 frozen Birds Eye Ocean Selections Tuna Portion – Korean BBQ thawed
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes optional
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 1 bok choy halved
- ½ Lebanese cucumber sliced
- ¼ cup kimchi
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp tamari
- Start by cooking the rice according to packet instructions.
- Heat the olive oil in a small non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat and add the thawed Birds Eye Tuna.
- Cover the pan and cook the tuna for 6-7 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Once cooked, remove the tuna from the pan and set it aside. In the same pan, add the extra virgin olive oil and whites of the spring onion. Sauté for 3 minutes to begin to golden.
- Stir through the chilli flakes.
- Next, add the bok choy, facing the cut (flat) side down. Season with salt and pepper, then sauté for 2 minutes, before flipping and cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Assemble the bowl by adding the cooked brown rice, cucumber, bok choy, tuna steak and kimchi.
- Drizzle over the sesame oil and tamari and serve.
If you don’t want to have this spicy, simply leave out the red chilli flakes and opt for a mild kimchi.