Warm Satay Bowl
A big bowl of goodness covered in satay sauce – this has got to be one of our favourite ways to get our veg in.
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 red onion roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1/4 red chilli finely chopped
- 1/4 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon crunchy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup green beans roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Floret the cauliflower, retaining the leaves. Place florets on the prepared baking tray and roast for 30 minutes or until just golden.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan over high heat; add onion, garlic, red chilli and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add quinoa, coconut cream, vegetable stock, tamari and peanut butter. Stir well. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the clean cauliflower leaves. Add to the quinoa mix along with the green beans; cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated and the quinoa is cooked and fluffy.
- Remove from the heat and add cauliflower to the quinoa mix. Season well and serve.