Zesty Lemon Ricotta Pasta
This fresh and zesty pasta is a quick and easy option that you can throw together with just a few ingredients.
- 180 g wholemeal spaghetti or gluten free
- 2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion thinly sliced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 2 cup kale destemmed and roughly chopped
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and kale and cook until wilted.
- Add cooked pasta to the frying pan and stir through ricotta, basil leaves, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper. Cook until heated through.
- Remove from the heat and serve.