Zesty Roast Cauliflower on Curried Quinoa
Looking for the perfect vegetarian winter dinner? Look no further than this tasty warming dish.
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 150 g brown onion 1 medium, finely chopped
- 2 cm ginger minced
- 1/4 cup coriander stems finely chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa defrosted
- 165 ml coconut milk canned
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 60 g full-fat Greek yoghurt to serve
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves to serve
- 600 g cauliflower (1 small head) cut into florets
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 lemon juiced
- sea salt to season
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- To make Roast Cauliflower, place oil, spices, juice and salt in a bowl and toss the cauliflower florets in. Place the coated cauliflower florets on your lined oven tray – then cook in oven for 30-35 minutes. You'll know the roasted cauliflower is ready when it is golden and crispy on the edges.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium to high heat. Add onion and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened. Add ginger, coriander stems and curry powder and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add quinoa, coconut milk and stock. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir through rocket leaves and season with sea salt.
- Divide the quinoa in two bowls. Top both with cauliflower. Decorate the dish with a nice dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkle of fresh coriander leaves before eating. Enjoy!
To make this recipe dairy-free: Omit yoghurt and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of tahini istead.