One of our favourite ways here at 28 is to bake and serve with a little Mexican flavour. Try our delicious Baked Salmon Recipe with Salsa and Greens for an easy week night meal or even for a dinner party.
Serves: 2 Makes: 2 Prep Time: 00:10 Cook Time: 00:20
280 g salmon fillets
150 g potato(es) thinly sliced
220 g roma tomato(es) roughly chopped
1 bunch(es) asparagus roughly chopped
1 tablespoon(s) capers roughly chopped
1 clove(s) garlic minced
1 teaspoon(s) chilli flakes
1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
1 bunch(es) broccolini
1 lemon halved
Salt & black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC.
2. Meanwhile, place tomato, asparagus, capers, pepper, olive oil, chili flakes, salt, pepper and minced garlic in a bowl and mix well. Set to the side.
3. To prepare the potato: thinly slice and place in a small microwave safe bowl. Top with water. Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes, or until just starting to soften.
4. Once done, place a square of baking paper on your work surface. Place half of the potato down on the baking sheet, top with one of the salmon fillets (skin side down) and carefully layer half of the salsa on top. To wrap your parcel bring the long edges to meet, roll them down and then fold the ends under the fish so they stay secure when placed on oven tray. Repeat for each piece of fish.
5. Place fish in oven and cook for 20 minutes.
6. To cook the broccolini: bring a saucepan of water to the boil and steam until just cooked.
7. Remove fish from the oven and allow to sit for a few minutes.
8. When ready, open the parcel and carefully slide the potato, baked fish and salsa onto a plate. Serve with broccolini, drizzle lemon juice over the fish and add salt and black pepper to taste.