- 60 g butter melted, plus more for greasing
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml milk
- 50 g cheddar cheese grated
- 1 carrot finely grated with extra moisture squeezed out
- 1 zucchini finely grated with extra moisture squeezed out
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 50 g butter at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 80 g cheddar cheese cut into 2cm squares
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4 and grease 10 holes of a 12-hole muffin pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together butter, eggs and milk.
- Add in cheese, carrot, zucchini and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add in the flour and stir together until you form a smooth, thick batter. Set aside.
- Make the stuffing by mashing garlic and butter together.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of batter into each muffin hole.
- Place on a slice of cheese and a teaspoon of garlic butter.
- Top the rest of the muffins up with the remaining batter.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Cool for a couple of minutes in the tin before turning onto a wire rack.
- Pull apart to see the cheesy garlic filling.
NB: All main course recipes use quantities from the ‘Female Healthy Weight Maintenance’ Stream of the 28 By Sam Wood program. So if you’re a male, feel free to bulk it up.
If you’re looking for sustainable weight loss, why not check out our 28 By Sam Wood Weight Loss Program?