Cheesy Garlic Bread Muffins
We're obsessed with these Cheesy Garlic Bread Muffins that have an oozy cheese and garlic butter stuffing! The recipes has been designed to use pantry and fridge staples, so have a peek and see if you can make them straight away.
- 60 g butter melted, plus more for greasing
- 3 eggs
- 125 ml milk
- 50 g cheddar cheese grated
- 1 carrot finely grated with extra moisture squeezed out
- 1 zucchini finely grated with extra moisture squeezed out
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 50 g butter at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 80 g cheddar cheese cut into 2cm squares
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4 and grease 10 holes of a 12-hole muffin pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together butter, eggs and milk.
- Add in cheese, carrot, zucchini and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add in the flour and stir together until you form a smooth, thick batter. Set aside.
- Make the stuffing by mashing garlic and butter together.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of batter into each muffin hole.
- Place on a slice of cheese and a teaspoon of garlic butter.
- Top the rest of the muffins up with the remaining batter.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Cool for a couple of minutes in the tin before turning onto a wire rack.
- Pull apart to see the cheesy garlic filling.
Gluten-free option: Replace with gluten-free self raising flour Boost this: try adding shredded kale, basil leaves or grated pumpkin into the batter as well.